Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Book Review

Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibagiza


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
It never ceases to amaze me how cruel humans can be to one another. You would think after the Holocaust, stories like this would never ever happen. My heart truly aches for those that suffer so greatly during their lifetimes. I am also unceasilgly amazed by those who come out of these types of situations with forgiveness in their hearts. What a process of cleansing and faith one must go through to turn their pain over to Heavenly Father. I love how the author is constantly reminded that we are all His children, and that He loves us all. She is constantly taught that the evil-doers "know not what they do," and that she should forgive them. I give this book five stars because of the hope it inspires, and the love that pulses through it. I felt so close to my Heavenly Father by reading this account, and want to continue developing my own personal relationship with Him. I constantly asked myself one question while reading this book: "Could I forgive those who have injured me in small ways (compared to Immaculee's BIG injuries) the way that we should?" We don't have to go through such horrific experiences to learn how to forgive. In many ways, forgiveness should be so much easier for someone like me. I have always heard that hate is a poison you take hoping that the other person will die from it. I am so glad that Immaculee didn't drink of this poison, and that she was left to tell her story and share her testimony of God.

View all my reviews >>

0 penny for your thoughts: