Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Activity Days' Camp




So, I am now the Activity Day's Leader in our Ward. I must say that it is my DREAM calling. I love being with the young kids and teaching them. I have great leaders, moms, and especially girls. We decided to have a day camp for all the girls ages 8-12 in our ward. Our theme was Camp B.U.G.S. (building upon gospel standards). We started each day with a devotional. We then split up into groups to do activities in stations. We did a craft each day, games, skits, and cooking. We then had the snack the girls made in their cooking class, and went swimming. We ended the day with the skits the girls prepared earlier in their station. We had handouts each day. Kerri did a great job on these! We also had a special "camper of the day" awarded to the girl that best exhibited following the gospel standards. By the end of the week, we had several nonmembers participating in our camp. We had so much fun, and really bonded! How I love these girls!

0 penny for your thoughts: