Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cancer Stinks

So I need to take a break from my Chile posts. Yes, I am almost done! Recently we found out that my good friend was diagnosed with a very aggressive stage IV breast cancer. It is also in her lungs. We have been saddened by this news. We try to help the family any way that we can. I am constantly amazed by my friend's strength and her testimony, so it hasn't been all bad. Then, today we received a very sad email from Kevin's good friend, Fred. Fred and his family live in Austin, and we have been able to see them only once since moving here. Fred's dear wife, Caroline, passed away last night. She had been battling colon cancer for 5 years. She definately had her ups and downs, and even was considered cancer-free for a time. We are praying for Fred, and his 3 beautiful children at this time. We hope to go to the services next week.

2 penny for your thoughts:

greta said...

yeah, cancer sucks hard! so sorry for the crappy news. will be praying for you friends!

Laura said...

I'm so sorry. Cancer is awful no matter who or when it hits, but especially when it takes a mom away from her young children. You will all be in our prayers!