Wednesday, November 4, 2009

On to Anto

Antofogasta that is! This was Kevin's mission city. It sits on the shores of the Pacific Ocean. It is a port city with much to offer the local economy. There are all kinds of neighborhoods there from very well off to extremely poor. Kevin served in the poorest sections of the city for 5 months of his mission. I must say, that I am not sure I could've done it. The missionaries all around the world have such a marvelous and life-changing message to spread. I am sure at times Kevin felt that he just couldn't do enough to help the people that he had grown to love. I know that the best gift that a poor 19 year old, or any aged person, could give was the message of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.



1 penny for your thoughts:

Laura said...

What a great opportunity for Kevin to visit, and for you to actually see where he was on his mission! I am so glad you guys were able to take this trip!