Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I've been tagged

My sister, Jayne, tagged me, so here goes.

Where were you 10 years ago?
I was 24, and living my last days at BYU. I was a Head Resident in Heritage Halls. My hubby, was finishing up his JD/MBA, so we were preparing to move to Michigan for his first career job at DaimlerChrysler. I was very pregnant with our second child, Brandon. Whitney was a year and a half old. She was the light of my life, and went with me everywhere except for work meetings. I didn't think I would ever look back and miss those days. However, Trace Adkins sings, probably from experience: "You're gonna miss this. You're gonna want this back. You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast. These are some good times. So take a good look around. You may not know it now, but you're gonna' miss this." I really do wish it hadn't gone by so fast.

5 things on my to do list today:
1. Work out
2. Exchange a sweatshirt for Whitney
3. Take Maddie to pre-school
4. Take kids to piano
5. Take Brandon to baseball practice (unless the storms rage)
Basically, I am a taxi driver!

3 Bad Habits
1. I clean too much
2. I am a perfectionist
3. I like to use exclamation points everywhere!!!!

4 places I have lived
1. Sanger, TX
2. Provo, UT
3. Mexico City, Mexico
4. Rochester Hills, MI

5 jobs I have had
1. Chick-Fil-A
2. Resident Assistant at BYU
3. Head Resident at BYU
4. Laundry worker at BYU
5. Mom to 4 kids (the hardest job by far!)

5 things people don't know about me
1. I love country music. That is probably not a surprise to some of you.
2. I wish I could have a horse, and ride it all the time. I had one growing up. She was a big part of my childhood, and some of my best memories are because of her.
3. I loved living in another country, and would love that opportunity again. For sure, my husband and I will serve a mission after retirement. That may not be to a foreign country, but you never know.
4. I started working on my masters degree a few years ago. I would like to finish it someday. Somehow, mom jobs took over my time for now.
5. I enjoy cooking. I want our home to be filled with wonderful smells. I love to have family dinner although it is usually crazy around our table. I guess it is the thought of a nice family dinner most nights that I like. I have definately made some flops, but hopefully that can be forgiven. My favorite recipes are: whole wheat bread, meatballs with mango chutney sauce, Honey chipotle pork chops, asian pork loin, and some Thai cuisine. I think it would be fun to take a cooking class and learn lots of new things.

I now tag my friends: Marissa Hatch, Jennifer Chiara, and Sarah Paxton!




2 penny for your thoughts:

Marissa said...

Hey Jenn - I did a tag entry in February http://hatchfam.blogspot.com/2008/02/tagged.html - But I'll do an ABC entry I've seen on other blogs. BTW - I got reservations for Cinderella's Table. I know Brooke will just love it.

Unknown said...

I love exclamation points every where that is why my blog!!!!! love you!