Tuesday, April 8, 2008

School daze!

Last week, I went to kindergarten round up for Madison, my baby. I can't believe that after almost twelve years of babies in the home, my littlest one is off to school. To make matters worse, our school district only provides all day kindergarten. I feel like a year was stolen from me. However, Madison is really ready to go to school with her brother and sisters. I will miss her terribly.

Last week, I also took Whitney to the middle school for Band Instrument selection (she chose clarinet). Another mommy milestone all in one week. I can't believe we have a child going to middle school in a few months. She is also very excited for the chance to make some decisions in her education. She will be in the honors math program as well. She was also selected to do a summer gifted program at the middle school. Surprisingly, she really wants to go. I am proud of her, and am missing our calmer baby years.

I love the quote I read today, "You don't have to look far to find a miracle. What could be more supernatural than a caterpillar turning into a butterfly, an egg yolk into a chicken, an acorn into a mighty oak." I would like to add to that. What could be more miraculous than a little baby growing up and leading independant lives separate from me. I love watching my children grow, and just hope that I have given them all the tools they need to be happy and succesful individuals.

1 penny for your thoughts:

Unknown said...

time flies way too fast