Friday, March 27, 2009

Tummy Yummies


When I was in my youth, I often visited our family friends, the Shimek's, out in Utah. This was such a fun time for me. I got to make friends with all their cousins, and got to do lots of Utah things. Highlights for me were the mountains, shopping, and the July 24th parade in Salt Lake City. The 4th of July was always fun as we would go down to little Gunnison and enjoy their fireworks. We would have tons of all-american food, and tons of cousin time! Grandma Quilter (even I called her that because she was as much a grandma to me as my own) would always make "depression pudding." I think it was called that because she made it when she was a girl growing up in that time. Most all of the ingredients are things you have on hand or even in your food storage. I had the weirdest craving for that lately, and came across this recipe. I tried it, and it so so similar to depression pudding that I found myself so utterly not depressed! Ms. Betty changed the name or something. She calls it "Hot Fudge Sundae Cake." My nostalgic self still calls it by Grandma's name. Why change anything about this treat? Anyway, if you are in a "depression" funk or just have a sweet tooth try this out! It will turn your frown upside down - if you love chocolate anyway!

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=35387&Source=SearchResultPage&terms=hot%20fudge%20sundae%20cake

2 penny for your thoughts:

Kelli said...

That's so cool!!! I've never had the opportunity to try this pudding. I'll have to whip it up!

Lexi said...

I will definitely have to try this!