Wednesday, April 15, 2009

HELP!

Well, once we close on our new home, we have some painting to do. (It is always easier before the furniture goes in!) Anyway, there is a large gameroom that will be the main hangout for the kids and their friends, if they aren't outside in the pool. I want to decorate it in a fun way, and was thinking baseball. Our whole family loves the game. I found a couple of quotes that I could do in vinyl for the wall. The two I like are: "Diamonds are a girl's best friend." and "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda" There are a few other good ones out there, too. If I did baseball, what color scheme should I use? Any ideas would be great.

I also thought about doing a "world" theme and using a dr. seuss quote. You know the one:
"Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to great places.
Your off and away.
You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose."
Then I could have a huge map on the wall, and different decorations from around the world.

Do you have any good idas, or color schemes? I really need some inspiration!

2 penny for your thoughts:

Lexi said...

If you're going with a baseball theme, I'd do red, white and blue since those are all American colors and the game of baseball is quintessentially all American. Have fun painting!

Laura said...

They both sound really cute! I personally love the Dr. Seuss quote (actually I was just thinking about that quote a couple of days ago!) and you could do some fun decorating things there... lots of color, love the map idea too. But the baseball one also sounds fun! I love having a fun project like that... enjoy!!