Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No place like home!

As most of you know, we have been house hunting for a year and a half. We moved here as Michigan refugees, and have been looking for our next place since coming to Texas. We had so much fun selling our house there (a year and a half), that we thought we should spend at least that much time buying one. As they say, balance in all things. Well, we finally found it. I grew up in the country, and I would like my children to have that experience. It's been difficult to find something that we all agree on. I like rustic, Kevin likes new. I want a swimming pool for diving, Kevin's not sure he wants to take care of a pool. We made a lot of compromises, but you just can't beat this deal. I think we can even pay cash, and I don't think the property tax will be too bad. There will definately be some honey-do projects, and things that need to be done. That's okay with us, because then we can make it our own! It's in the country, with lots of horse land. (I've always wanted a horse!)

I love the bluebonnets everywhere! Plus, now there's an excuse when I ask the kids if they were raised in a barn!


There's even a swimming hole. I know it's not the pool I always wanted, but there is a diving board. And I don't think we even have to balance the chemicals or scrub the tiles. More compromises, but we can stay cool in these hot Texas summers in this little pond! We hope all of y'all will come down yonder and visit us:)






APRIL FOOL'S

3 penny for your thoughts:

Lexi said...

Your new place looks nicer than mine in Louisiana for sure ;-) I love the swimming hole!

Keeley said...

Hahaha! ROFL!

Yep. Well, it's small enough that you won't have to spend half your life cleaning. Just sweep down the mud floor and you're good to go.

I knew someone who grew up in a Navajo Hogan...in fact, I think it was someone we both knew, but I can't remember their name. Anyway, she said the mud floor was awesome because all you had to do was chuck water on it to keep the dust down and that's it. She said was really hard getting out of the habit of throwing her leftover water on the ground when she moved into a house that actually had a floor... =D

Laura said...

Ha ha! It does have pretty flowers, though. :0)