Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You!



My baby turned 6! While that is a huge exciting milestone for her, I had a moment of crisis. I realize that my oldest only has a few years left with us before her college years are here, and my baby isn't a baby anymore. Maddie has grown so much this year. She is much taller, stronger, and more physically coordinated. She is reading, and loves to spell everything. I love to hear her read the scriptures, and to see her smile when she figures out those hard words like "Zarahemla"! I am constantly amazed by children and their ability and willingness to learn. Why do so many of us grow up, and lose so much of those desirable qualities? I understand more of Peter Pan's wishes to never grow up. Even when we try to ground them and punish them, they just can't help breaking our family rule that:

there will be no growing up in our house!



Quote from the movie "HOOK":
Your children love you, they want to play with you. How long do you think that lasts? Soon Jack may not even want you to come to his games. We have a few special years with our children, when they're the ones that want us around. After that you're going to be running after them for a bit of attention. It's so fast Peter. It's a few years, and it's over. And you are not being careful. And you are missing it.

I don't want to miss it!


Of course, the day started with our family tradition of breakfast in bed!


Maddie had her first friend party at Planet Pizza! She had so much fun playing with her friends. Of course, she loved all the gifts and cards. Thank you everyone for making this a special occasion for my little girl!

2 penny for your thoughts:

greta said...

i love that little girl. i'm glad that she had a good day. did you get the birthday card we sent? let your family know we say hello.

Elder Beech said...

We got the card! She loved it:)